Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chocolate Covered Brownie Bites

I love brownies.  More than cake.  More than cookies. I would give up all things sweet just to have a brownie.  And I love chocolate too.  So when I came across this recipe at Sweetapolita for chocolate covered brownies!!.. I hurried into my kitchen to give them a try.   They were worth it.  Really worth it.

Delicious little bite size brownies. Did I mention they are covered in chocolate?

These babies are rich so 1" bite size pieces are the perfect size.

Just waiting to be enjoyed.  I obliged. 

Yield approx. 35-40 1" bites

For the brownies
3/4 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of butter, cubed
2 tablespoons of water
2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips 
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda

For the chocolate covering
2 cups of chocolate chips
2 tablespoons of shortening
Sprinkles

Preheat oven to 325.  Line a 9" square pan with parchment paper.

In a large saucepan, bring the sugar, butter and water to a boil over medium heat.
Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth.  Cool for 5 minutes.
Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. (I used a whisk)
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
Stir into the chocolate mixture.
Add 1 cup of chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 30 - 35 minutes depending on desired texture of brownies.  I like mine on the gooey side so I only left mine in for 30 minutes.
Cool completely on a wire rack.
Place in freezer for about 30 minutes just until firm enough to cut into bite size pieces.

Once the brownies are cooled, remove from pan holding onto the parchment paper.  Cut into 1" squares. (give or take) I used a pizza cutter.  It makes it so much easier..trust me!

In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and shortening.  I heated for 30-45 seconds then stirred and heated again until the chocolate was smooth.

Dip each brownie bite into the chocolate then place on parchment and cover in sprinkles.

Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment