Monday, July 4, 2011

Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread

Well, I did it again.  I bought bananas with the intention of eating them before they got the brown spots.  I personally don't like a banana after the brown spots show up.. a little too mushy for me. So I started my quest for a good banana bread.  My history with banana bread isn't the best one, but let's just blame it on the altitude at which I lived at the time.  As I clicked my way through blog after blog one finally caught my eye at The Sisters Cafe...because there was CHOCOLATE in the bread!  Woohoo now I was excited to tear into those brown spotted bananas!

mmmmm chocolate....
Super moist

2 cups of flour
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of butter, softened
1 1/2 cups of mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas) 
2 large eggs
1/3 cups of sour cream
1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a loaf pan with nonstick spray.

In a medium size bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.  Whisk 
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine sugar and butter.  Beat until well blended.
Add banana, eggs and sour cream.  Beat until blended
Add flour mixture.  Mix just until moist and combined 

Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.  Heat for 1 minute until almost melted
Stir until smooth.  Cool slightly
Add 1 cup of batter to chocolate. Stirring until well combined

Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter.
Swirl batters together using a knife.

Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until wooden skewer comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack for ten minutes then remove bread from pan and cool completely.




No comments:

Post a Comment