Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blondie Brownie Truffles

Have you ever went to bake something you've made a dozen times only to have a serious failure on your hands?...ya well, that was me this week.  I made (or should I say "attempted" to make) my Blondie Brownies.  Something I've done many times before.....but something happened this time around and when they came out of the oven they were extra gooey.  So much so you couldn't even cut them to have a bite!  I just couldn't justify throwing the whole batch away so I set off trying to find a recipe what I could repurpose them in.  Then it hit me.....Truffles!  I love cake pops and the concept is the same so I proceeded to take a go at it.  It worked!


Top with sprinkles, coconut, toffee, cookie crumbs or anything else you can come up with!

Ingredients 
Any brownie recipe, or you can use my Blondie Brownie recipe
Almond bark, candy coating, or chocolate chips
Toppings


Bake brownies about 5 minutes less than the recipe calls for, or when you can tell they are almost done but still gooey.
Cool completely

Break apart and place in a large bowl.  
Mix together by hand just until combined.  Don't over mix.
Using a spoon or a cookie scoop,  make 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet.

Melt almond bark/chocolate/candy coating in the microwave until melted. Stir often.
Using a fork, lower a brownie ball into the bark and use a spoon to cover in bark/chocolate/candy coating.
Sprinkle with any topping you desire and place on cookies sheet.
Refrigerate to harden.






No comments:

Post a Comment