Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Peanut Butter Cornflakes

I was a little skeptical when I first made these thinking that the cornflakes might end up soggy.  No need to worry!! They turned out great with a combination of creamy peanut butter and crunchy cornflakes.  The picky eaters in my house really enjoyed this one.
yummmy creamy dessert

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/4 cups peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
4 cups cornflakes

Bring sugar, corn syrup, honey & maple syrup to a boil in a large saucepan and let boil for 1 minute.  Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
Add cornflakes.  
Drop onto wax or parchment paper until set.

Adapted from Mandy's Recipe Box

2 comments:

  1. They were better than I expected! I had cornflakes I needed to use so I went for it. Glad I did!

    ReplyDelete